Monday, February 8, 2010

Free life

Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you....It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life...Use your freedom to serve one another in love; that's how freedom grows...Live freely, animated and motivated by God's Spirit. (from Gal. 5 MSG)


I continue to wrestle with the concepts of liberty and freedom in a civil/national context and the concept of freedom through the grace of Christ in a spiritual context. I do not claim to understand it all, but I will say that I want the freedom that comes through living out Christ's grace. I don't know how to do it fully and completely, but I seek after it anyway. Will you join me?

God who came to proclaim release to the captives, help us to embrace the fullness of your abundant life lived through faith in Christ's grace. Help us to live that out as we serve one another in love. Spirit, animate and motivate us to the furtherance of your Kingdom. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment