Monday, November 2, 2009

Prayer for a friend

Dear Friend,

Your husband asked me to write a letter of encouragement to you as you attend a special women's retreat at your church this weekend. I think I will pray over you and let the Word of God work within your heart and mine.



"Hey there! All who are thirsty, come to the water!
Are you penniless? Come anyway—buy and eat!
Come, buy your drinks, buy wine and milk.
Buy without money—everything's free!

Why do you spend your money on junk food,
your hard-earned cash on cotton candy?
Listen to me, listen well: Eat only the best,
fill yourself with only the finest.

Pay attention, come close now,
listen carefully to my life-giving, life-nourishing words.

Seek God while he's here to be found,
pray to him while he's close at hand.
Let the wicked abandon their way of life
and the evil their way of thinking.
Let them come back to God, who is merciful,
come back to our God, who is lavish with forgiveness.

"I don't think the way you think.
The way you work isn't the way I work."
God's Decree.
"For as the sky soars high above earth,
so the way I work surpasses the way you work,
and the way I think is beyond the way you think.

So will the words that come out of my mouth
not come back empty-handed.
They'll do the work I sent them to do,
they'll complete the assignment I gave them.

"So you'll go out in joy,
you'll be led into a whole and complete life. (From Isa. 55 MSG)


Spirit of the Living, Loving God, as my friend enters into this weekend I pray first that she will be at peace with leaving the rest of her world behind for this short period of time. Help her to entrust her family into your care and to fully submit herself to your Spirit and grace.

I pray for her mind this weekend to not be cluttered by the cares of this world, but to be focused on your Voice, your Will, your Way.

I pray for her body this weekend that if she's struggling against any germ or allergy, you would heal her from that and return her to full health. I pray against any contaminates that would come against her and distract her from her focus this weekend.

I pray for her emotions this weekend, that where she needs healing you would be her Balm of Gilead. Where she needs comfort you would be her Comforter and turn her mourning into dancing. Where she needs peace, that you would calm the storm. Where she needs joy, may you fill her so full that her joy is overflowing.

I pray for her spirit this weekend. If there are specific questions she's asking, Lord hear her and answer her. If there are specific things you want to say to her this weekend, give her spiritual ears to know you, hear you, and respond. If there is a time and a way in which she can just relax into your arms of love and crawl up into her Abba Father's lap, Lord meet her there and hold her lovingly. May she go out with joy and be led forward in a whole and complete life.

I pray that your will would be done and your Kingdom come through this weekend. May you be honored and glorified in this time.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment