Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pray. Research. Pray. Vote.

God,

As citizens are preparing to vote for US Senators and Representatives, we pray you would give us your wisdom so we vote for men and women that are after your heart.  We pray they would be persons of integrity and honesty, and with a view to not just bring home perks for the home districts but to make decisions for the good of the whole nation.   We pray they would not be rabid ideologues, but persons who are able to pray and think carefully through all aspects of a decision, hold to their core values, and then vote based on what is best, not what is pressured by their political party.  We pray that all Senators and Representatives would live out their oath to support and defend the Constitution.

Amen


"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God." - Oath of office for Senators and Representatives

No comments:

Post a Comment