Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Psalm 27 Prayer

    Lord, you are our light and our salvation; we have no one to fear.  You are the stronghold of our lives; we have nothing to be afraid of. When the wicked advance against your children and your Church to devour them, you will cause the enemies and foes to stumble and fall.  When armies seem to besiege us, our hearts will not fear.  Even though war breaks out against us, we will be confident in you. 
    The one thing we ask the Lord is to dwell in your house all the days of our lives and to gaze on your beauty as we seek you in your holy place.   We know that in the day of trouble you will keep us safe in your presence; you will hide us in the shelter of your sacred tent and set us high upon a rock of safety.  You will keep our heads above our enemies and we will sing and make music to you with shouts of joy.
    Hear us when we call and be merciful to us; your face, Lord, we seek.  Do not hide your face or turn away in anger.  Do not reject or forsake us; you have been our helper and our Savior.   Even when those we love forsake us, you will receive us.  
    Teach us your ways, Lord, and lead us in straight paths.  Do not turn us over to the desires of our enemies but keep us confident that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  We wait for You.  Keep us strong and confident as we wait for You, our Lord.   In Jesus name and in the power of the Holy Spirit we pray, Amen.   


Psalm 27

Of David.

The Lord is my light and my salvation—

    whom shall I fear?

The Lord is the stronghold of my life—

    of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked advance against me

    to devour me,

it is my enemies and my foes

    who will stumble and fall.

Though an army besiege me,

    my heart will not fear;

though war break out against me,

    even then I will be confident.

One thing I ask from the Lord,

    this only do I seek:

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord

    all the days of my life,

to gaze on the beauty of the Lord

    and to seek him in his temple.

For in the day of trouble

    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;

he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent

    and set me high upon a rock.

Then my head will be exalted

    above the enemies who surround me;

at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;

    I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Hear my voice when I call, Lord;

    be merciful to me and answer me.

My heart says of you, “Seek his face!”

    Your face, Lord, I will seek.

Do not hide your face from me,

    do not turn your servant away in anger;

    you have been my helper.

Do not reject me or forsake me,

    God my Savior.

10 

Though my father and mother forsake me,

    the Lord will receive me.

11 

Teach me your way, Lord;

    lead me in a straight path

    because of my oppressors.

12 

Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,

    for false witnesses rise up against me,

    spouting malicious accusations.

13 

I remain confident of this:

    I will see the goodness of the Lord

    in the land of the living.

14 

Wait for the Lord;

    be strong and take heart

    and wait for the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment