Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Psalm 28 Prayer


    To you, Lord, we call; you are our Rock and do not turn a deaf ear to us.  We cry out and intercede today for all those who are in human slavery - sex trafficking, prostitution, and other forms of people enslaving other people.  You will not be silent, but will hear our cries for mercy as we call out to you in your Most Holy Place.  We pray in the name of Jesus that you would strengthen, finance, and give wisdom and knowledge to law enforcement and other agencies that are trying to break the networks of those who enslave others.  We pray for your supernatural protection upon the rescuers and those who help to rehabilitate victims.  We pray in the name of Jesus that you would cause each enslaved person to be rescued and brought to places of safety, healing, and rehabilitation.  May those who enslave others be legally convicted of their crimes, but, more importantly, spiritually convicted to repent of the harm they have inflicted on these precious ones who are made in your image.  May they also receive healing and rehabilitation.  May they grow to have regard for the deeds of the Lord.   Protect and rescue both the enslaved and the enslavers from the depths of their darknesses.  Bring all the deeds of darkness and evil into the Light of Truth.  Praise be to God who has heard our cries for mercy!  You are our strength and shield; our hearts trust you and you help us.  We praise you, the strength of your people and a fortress of salvation.  Save your people and bless them; be their shepherd and carry them forever.  We pray in the strong name of Jesus, Amen.  

Psalm 28 NIV

Of David.

To you, Lord, I call;

    you are my Rock,

    do not turn a deaf ear to me.

For if you remain silent,

    I will be like those who go down to the pit.

Hear my cry for mercy

    as I call to you for help,

as I lift up my hands

    toward your Most Holy Place.

Do not drag me away with the wicked,

    with those who do evil,

who speak cordially with their neighbors

    but harbor malice in their hearts.

Repay them for their deeds

    and for their evil work;

repay them for what their hands have done

    and bring back on them what they deserve.

Because they have no regard for the deeds of the Lord

    and what his hands have done,

he will tear them down

    and never build them up again.

Praise be to the Lord,

    for he has heard my cry for mercy.

The Lord is my strength and my shield;

    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.

My heart leaps for joy,

    and with my song I praise him.

The Lord is the strength of his people,

    a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

Save your people and bless your inheritance;

    be their shepherd and carry them forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment