Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Psalm 16 Prayer



Protecting God,

You offer us joy in your presence as you lead us in the path of Life.  Thank you that when we trust you our lives are safe because you will not abandon us.  Thank you for all the blessings you pour into our lives and for the beauty and prosperity you give to each of us.  Help us to trust you more, to deepen our sheltering in you, and to be careful not to be sucked into the evil and sin of this world.  Protect us who take shelter in you, who seek you as our Source.  We pray for stability and prosperity for ourselves, our communities, and our nation as we seek You.  We pray in the name of Jesus against the spirits of fear, hatred, division, and destruction that are trying to destroy our nation, our communities, and our families.  Instead we pray you will unleash your Holy Spirit and its Fruits so that we are known for love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, goodness, and self control.  Make our future secure in you, we pray in Jesus's name.  Amen.


1
Protect me, O God, for I have taken shelter in you.
I say to the Lord, “You are the Lord, my only source of well-being.”
As for God’s chosen people who are in the land,
and the leading officials I admired so much—
their troubles multiply; they desire other gods.
I will not pour out drink offerings of blood to their gods,
nor will I make vows in the name of their gods.
Lord, you give me stability and prosperity; you make my future secure.
It is as if I have been given fertile fields or received a beautiful tract of land.
I will praise the Lord who guides me; yes, during the night I reflect and learn.
I constantly trust in the Lord; because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
So my heart rejoices and I am happy; my life is safe.
10 
You will not abandon me to Sheol; you will not allow your faithful follower to see the Pit.
11 
You lead me in the path of life.
I experience absolute joy in your presence; you always give me sheer delight.

Psalm 16 NET

No comments:

Post a Comment