Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Psalm 5 Prayer


Sometimes God's Word speaks for us - especially when we have "sighs too deep for words" and God's Word puts substance to those sighs.  


From Psalm 5 NIV: 

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly.

You are a God who is NOT pleased with wickedness, evil people. arrogance, wrongdoers, liars, the bloodthirsty, or the deceitful.

Lead us, Lord, in your righteousness; make your way straight before me.

My enemies' words cannot be trusted, their hearts are malicious, their throats are empty graves, and with their tongues they tell lies.

Declare my enemies guilty, O God!
    Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
    for they have rebelled against you.

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
    let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
    you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Amen and amen.

"Lead me, Lord, lead me in thy righteousness, 
make thy way plain before my face. 
For it is thou, Lord, thou, Lord only, 
that makest me dwell in safety." 

- Samuel S. Wesley 

No comments:

Post a Comment