Thursday, January 28, 2021

January 28, 2021 Prayer - Time and Spiritual Endurance

Timeless God,

We praise you who are the same yesterday, today, and forever.  We thank you that your love never fails and your compassions are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  Thank you that in the midst of this time and season we live in, your Word gives us direction in a world that seems marked by upheaval and even chaos.  Your Word says there is a time for everything - every activity under the heavens.  Things we think are "good" and things we think are "bad" are already anticipated by you; you are not surprised.  Help us to walk closely with you, to be purposeful in seeking your will and your ways and to not settle for mediocrity in our spiritual lives.  By your Spirit, cause us to stop listening to the voices of the world - to fear mongers in places like media, government, education, our families and friends, and the Church.  Help us to have minds focused on your Word so that we attain a level of faith that reduces fear and uncertainty.  Help us to align our values and lifestyle with Jesus's values and to get our time, money, and priorities straight with you.   Holy Spirit, cause us to be strongly disciplined in our spiritual disciplines and to be present in a Church weekly where the Word is preached and you are worshipped in Spirit and in Truth.  When we seek your Kingdom first, God, we know we will see your plans to prosper us, not to harm us, and to give us a hope and a future.  We know it is not an accident that you have birthed us into this era.  When we feel like we are in spiritual exile, remind us that you hear us when we come and pray to you.  Remind us that we will find you when we call to you, when we come and pray to you, and when we seek you with all our hearts.  Remind us that with our eyes focused firmly on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, and with good spiritual training, we can run with endurance this race you have set before us.  In Jesus's name we pray, Amen. 



"There is a time for everything,

    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,

    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,

    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,

    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,

    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,

    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,

    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace." (Eccl. 3:1-8 NIV)


"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)


"I remember my affliction and my wandering,

    the bitterness and the gall.

I well remember them,

    and my soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind

    and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,

    for his compassions never fail.

They are new every morning;

    great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;

    therefore I will wait for him.”

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,

    to the one who seeks him;

it is good to wait quietly

    for the salvation of the Lord." (Lamentations 3:19-26 NIV)


"For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:32-34 NIV)


"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18 NIV)


"This is what the Lord says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my good promise to bring you backto this place. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.” (Jeremiah 29:10-14 NIV)


"Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You’re after one that’s gold eternally." (1 Corinthians 9:24 MSG)


"...Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:1-2 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment