Thursday, November 12, 2020

November 12, 2020 Prayer - God's Chessboard

Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient God,

We thank you and praise you for who you are and how you orchestrate the workings of this world.  We thank you that you have a plan for our futures - both for individuals and for this nation - like a master chess player who can see all moves coming.  We know you will not leave us or forsake us when we continue to seek you with all our heart.  In this world we can get truly tangled in our circumstances or the lies the enemy uses to deceive us from your Truth.  Guide us in all truths for your name's sake; lead us to the Rock that is higher than us - you whose thoughts and ways are higher than ours.  When we cannot see where you are taking us or the spiritual chess moves you are making, help us to trust your goodness and your promise to prosper us and to give us a hope and a future.  Help us to trust that when we don't dwell on the past but look to you, we will see the new things you are doing in our lives and in the life of this nation.  We know that you make ways where there seems to be only wasteland.  We know that you provide water in the desert and give drink to those you love.  We proclaim your praise because we know your plans are good.  So, help us to trust you as you guide this nation, guide our individual lives, and move the spiritual chess pieces as you battle the enemy of our souls.  In the strong name of Christ we pray, Amen.  

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.
The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls,
because I provide water in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland,
to give drink to my people, my chosen,
  the people I formed for myself
    that they may proclaim my praise.  (Isa. 43:19-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment