Wednesday, November 18, 2020

November 18, 2020 Prayer - Thundering Still, Small Voice

 
Thundering God of Quiet,

Thank you for your Voice that speaks to us in the midst of what can seem like chaos.  Thank you that your Voice is powerful and majestic, thundering over the mighty waters of this life, guiding us in the ways we should go.  Thank you that even when the paths we travel are blind and unfamiliar, you guide us by your Light. Thank you for your Presence which makes our rough places smooth because you won't forsake those you love.  Like Elijah, there seem to be noisy winds, powerful earthquakes, and terrible fires in life.  Help us to remember that these voices of media, social media, and other "experts" or "prophets of the land" are not your Voice. Sovereign Lord, quiet us so we may sense your Holy Spirit within us and know your shepherding Voice. Lead us, guide us, whisper to us in your thunder, that we may know your Truth and act upon it.  As we know your leading, give us wisdom to know what to do, courage to go where you call us to go, and peace that we are following you, our Lord and Savior.  In the powerful name of Christ I pray, Amen. 

"The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”  Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave."  (1 Kings 19:11-13)

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
    along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
    and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
    I will not forsake them." (Isa. 42:16)

“‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: Because of your false words and lying visions, I am against you, declares the Sovereign Lord. My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will not belong to the council of my people or be listed in the records of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord." (Ezek. 13:9)

"The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
    the God of glory thunders,
    the Lord thunders over the mighty waters.
The voice of the Lord is powerful;
    the voice of the Lord is majestic."  (Psalm 29:3-4)

"He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
The Lord Almighty is with us;
    the God of Jacob is our fortress."  (Psalm 46:10-11)

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." - Jesus  (John 10:27)


No comments:

Post a Comment