Friday, November 6, 2020

November 6, 2020 Prayer


God of Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow,

We thank and praise you that you have written every one of our days and you know the outcome of every tough situation we encounter.  We thank you that you have already determined the outcomes of these elections.  We thank you that you have a plan and a purpose for this nation, if only we will seek you for it.  In some ways, time seems suspended right now - like we are in a slow motion spell.  In this suspended time, we slow down to pray against any evil spirits that would cause the purity and justice of the balloting process to be corrupted.  We bind anything that would cause deception to the electorate - whether a candidate or their people or the media or anything else.  We know that extortion and bribery corrupt people.  Instead, we pray that a spirit of honesty and truth would be in all communication.  We bind any spirit that seeks to corrupt or defraud through the vote-counting process and accompanying legal battles.  Instead, we pray that each and every legal vote would be legally counted and each and every legal battle would be decided according to the established laws of the land - may truth, integrity, and justice prevail.  And, we bind any spirit that would cause people to deny the results of the election, especially if  that spirit results in violence or ongoing enmity between people. We know that anger resides in the lap of fools. Instead, we pray that you would give deep strength and peace to your people and heal this land.  In Christ's name  and for his glory we pray, Amen. 


"Extortion turns a wise person into a fool,
 and a bribe corrupts the heart.
The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
    and patience is better than pride.
    for anger resides in the lap of fools." (Eccl. 7:7-9)

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16:19) 

"The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace." (Psalm 29:11)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment