Sunday, December 27, 2020

December 27, 2020 Prayer - Prevailing God

Omnipotent God,

Thank you for your consistency in who you are and how you move in our world.  Thank you that you are the Lion of Judah, the one whose Voice roars and thunders, and we recognize your Glory and Peace.  Thank you that you are not dead, or asleep; you are not surprised, and you are certainly not unmatched in the war against evil.  You will prevail and we will see your hand in the land of the living.  Help us to stand firm in faith, trusting the roar of your Voice in this era of life. Help us to fix our hearts on your promises, your security, and your faithfulness. You are our salvation, strength and defense.  
Be our utmost delight, our leader, our protector, we pray in Jesus's name.  Amen. 


Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” (Isaiah 12:2 NIV)

I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)

3 The voice of the Lord is over the waters;
    the God of glory thunders,
    the Lord thunders over the mighty waters.
4 The voice of the Lord is powerful;
    the voice of the Lord is majestic.
7 The voice of the Lord strikes
    with flashes of lightning.
And in his temple all cry, “Glory!”
10 The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
    the Lord is enthroned as King forever.
11 The Lord gives strength to his people;
    the Lord blesses his people with peace. (from Psalm 29)

"And in despair I bowed my head
There is no peace on earth I said
For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men

Then rang the bells more loud and deep
God is not dead, nor does he sleep 
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men."   (Henry Wordsworth Longfellow)

"This is my Father's world:
O let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world:
Why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King: let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let earth be glad!"  (M.D. Babcock)


No comments:

Post a Comment