Friday, September 11, 2020

Psalm 61 Prayer

 Hear our cry, O God; listen to our prayer.  From the many corners of this nation we call to you, even as our hearts sometimes grow faint.  Lead us to the Rock that is higher than we are.  For you have been our refuge and a strong tower against the foe.  You have guarded and guided this nation and your Church through the ages.  You have never forsaken your people because you are faithful to those you love.  We long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.  You have given us the heritage of godly men and women before us who have feared your name and worked to bring your Kingdom to earth.  May we graciously pass this baton to generations to come.  We pray for your blessing and favor and especially protection to be upon those in all levels of civil government and in the Church's governance.   We pray you would cause these leaders to men and women of integrity and honor, men and women that are after your own heart and your righteousness.  May they be surrounded by wise, godly counsel and know what is best to do for their sphere of influence and responsibility.  May they be enthroned in your presence forever and may your love and faithfulness protect them. We sing in praise of your name and desire to be faithful in prayer and service to you each day.  Fill us with your Holy Spirit so we continue to pray, worship, and seek your face for this nation and your Church.  May your glory be poured out upon us and our leaders.  In Christ's name we pray, Amen. 

Psalm 61

Hear my cry, O God;

    listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,

    I call as my heart grows faint;

    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For you have been my refuge,

    a strong tower against the foe.

I long to dwell in your tent forever

    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

For you, God, have heard my vows;

    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.

Increase the days of the king’s life,

    his years for many generations.

May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever;

    appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.

Then I will ever sing in praise of your name

    and fulfill my vows day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment