Sunday, September 20, 2020

September 20, 2020

Redeemer and Restorer,

We thank you that you guard and guide the people who seek your will and your ways.  We thank you that you were with us during the months in which our country has been partly shut down.  We thank you that you have used this time of plague for good - to bring more of those you love into deep communion with you as you revealed your heart to many people and drew them into a deeper intimacy with you.  Your eyes have been open and your ears attentive to the prayers offered to you.  Thank you for choosing and consecrating us, your Temple in which your Holy Spirit dwells, so that your Name may be upon us forever.  Now use us, your children, to call out for mercy, healing, and forgiveness for this land.  Now that this time of rest, trial and waiting is ending, use us to intercede even more deeply with your Spirit for this nation and this world.  Give us hunger and thirst for your Word, your Spirit, your ways, and your righteousness.  Cause us who have awakened and are part of the praying Church to be engaged even more fully in intercession.  And may our prayers be an effective weapon in the battle against the evil in this nation and this world.  For the honor and glory of your name we pray, Amen. 


“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there."  (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment