Saturday, September 19, 2020

September 19, 2020 Prayer

 When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily; but with honest, sensible leaders there is stability. Proverbs 28:2 TLB

In time of civil war there are many leaders, but a sensible leader restores law and order.  Proverbs 28:2 CEV

When a nation sins, it will have one ruler after another. But a nation will be strong and endure when it has intelligent, sensible leaders.  Proverbs 28:2 GNT

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there."  (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

Leading God, 

Your Word says that you put leaders in place to govern over us and we are called to pray for them.  So today we pray specifically for the leaders in our nation.  May there be godly leaders in government at all levels, in the Church, in arts & entertainment, in media, in business, in education, and in families. We pray in the name of Jesus that every single one would be a man or woman after your own heart.  If a leader is not a Jesus follower, move them to a place of repentance and humility to seek your will and your ways.  Do not give us the leaders our sinful natures might deserve, but give us leaders who are honest, intelligent, and sensible - tuned into your Holy Spirit for your wisdom and guidance.  May this nation not be one known for her sins, her civil war, or her moral rot, but for the Light and Life that her leaders and people exemplify.  May this nation not topple or come to outright civil war, but may she be strong and endure because of your godly people praying for lawlessness to be broken and your righteousness to endure.   May your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayers offered today for this place.  We pray in the strong name of Christ, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment