Tuesday, September 22, 2020

September 22, 2020 Prayer

God of Light,

Today we come to you to pray and intercede for righteousness in the voting processes in every jurisdiction in this nation.  We pray for a voting process that is completely free from any and all corruption.  We pray that each legal voter would be able to obtain and cast a vote fairly, according to their conscience, and without anyone else's influence.  We pray that each local and state election official would completely follow their laws and fulfill their duties so that each lawful vote may be easily cast and accurately and fairly counted.  We pray in the strong name of Christ  against any deception, corruption, or otherwise evil plans that may be underway right now in our voting system.  We declare NO MORE to evil that seeks to corrupt the democratic process of voting on November 3.  We pray that those who mock lawful processes, desire to do evil, or who accept bribes would be swiftly and indisputably brought to justice. Reveal the deep things of darkness and bring that darkness into your Light.  Give those to whom we the people have entrusted our votes pure hearts so that they may honor their offices and may see God.  May your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayers we give to you.  Pour out your Light and Righteousness upon our voting process so that your will may be done and your Kingdom come on this earth and in this nation.  In Jesus's name we pray, Amen.


Extortion turns a wise person into a fool, and a bribe corrupts the heart. (Eccl. 7:7)


A corrupt witness mocks at justice, and the mouth of the wicked gulps down evil. (Prov. 19:28)


The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” 

They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. 

Do all these evildoers know nothing? They devour my people as though eating bread;

    they never call on the Lord.  (Psalm 14:1, 4)


God reveals the deep things of darkness

    and brings utter darkness into the light. (Job 12:22)

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. (Matthew 5:8)

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  (Mark 11:24)

 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment