Sunday, September 27, 2020

September 27, 2020 Prayer

Forgiving God,

We come to you today praying that you would pour out your Holy Spirit upon this nation.  Give us a deep immersion in your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control so that we may act like you act.  Help us to forgive those around us who have wounded us and not to carry burdensome grudges against our fellow citizens.  Purify our hearts from all unrighteousness so that we may then extend grace to those around us.  Heal this nation as we confess our sins and seek your face.  In Christ's name we pray, Amen. 

12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Matthew 6)

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. (Matthew 18)

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. (Luke 6:37)

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. (Col. 3:13)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment