Monday, September 28, 2020

September 28, 2020 Prayer

God of Clarity,

Thank you for being our God who rules over the surging seas in our individual lives and in our life together in this nation.  Thank you for stilling the waves that rise up in an attempt to drown us; we know that when we go through the waters of trouble and strife we will not be drowned if you are with us.  You have not let this nation drown in the trials of 2020, but continue to sustain us and call us into deeper communion with you; we praise and thank you for your continued deliverance and sustaining power upon us.  And we pray that same power would be poured out on the electorate tomorrow night as we watch the first presidential debate. May we have eyes to see and ears to hear You in that conversation.  May each candidate be straightforward and truthful in their answers, seeking to truthfully represent their beliefs, positions, and plans.  Use  the moderator in such a way that Darkness is brought into your Light and Truth is spoken. Grant the two candidates and moderator good rest tonight and good health and energy tomorrow night. Help them to think clearly, listen attentively, and respond in truthful ways that can be heard by the electorate. We ask for your wisdom to be on the electorate as we continue to make decisions about what is best for the nation and prepare to vote. We seek your way and will for our nation and ask this in the strong name of Christ. Amen.


You rule over the surging sea; when its waves mount up, you still them.  (Ps. 89:9)

When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isa. 43:2-3)

20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. (John 3)

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. (John 16:13)

 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment