Sunday, September 13, 2020

Psalm 63 Prayer

 O God, You are our God and earnestly we seek you.  We long for you and thirst for you in a spiritually dry and parched culture, where there can seem to be no Living Water in the mountains of media, government, arts & entertainment, education business, family, and even your Church.  We have seen you in your sanctuary and have beheld your power and glory.  Give us eyes to see where you are already working in what, otherwise, seem like very dark places.  Give us hearts to pray for those living in the deceptive thoughts, lies, and lifestyles of this world.  Because your love is better than our life here, we will glorify you, praise you, and lift up our hands in worship. When we sing and praise you, we will be satisfied as with the richest of foods.  You are our help and we sing under the shadow of your wings. When the dark forces in this world want to kill us, uphold us and punish our (your!) enemies. May our leaders in all the areas of culture be men and women after your heart - after godliness and righteousness, and seeking your wisdom - who rejoice in you and silence the lies of the enemies.  May we glory in you, our God!  We pray in Jesus's name, Amen. 


Psalm 63

You, God, are my God,

    earnestly I seek you;

I thirst for you,

    my whole being longs for you,

in a dry and parched land

    where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary

    and beheld your power and your glory.

Because your love is better than life,

    my lips will glorify you.

I will praise you as long as I live,

    and in your name I will lift up my hands.

I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;

    with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;

    I think of you through the watches of the night.

Because you are my help,

    I sing in the shadow of your wings.

I cling to you;

    your right hand upholds me.

Those who want to kill me will be destroyed;

    they will go down to the depths of the earth.

10 

They will be given over to the sword

    and become food for jackals.

11 

But the king will rejoice in God;

    all who swear by God will glory in him,

    while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment