Saturday, September 26, 2020

September 26, 2020

All-Powerful God,

From our perspective it looks like a wave of fear was unleashed over this nation and this world in March as the COVID-19 shutdowns began.  Speculation about the disease and potential deaths was rampant from government officials and media outlets and many people absorbed a great deal of this demonic force of fear.  But we know that fear is NOT of the Lord.  So, in the name of Jesus, we bind this evil spirit and send it to the foot of the Cross.  We say NO MORE in Jesus's name to this spirit of fear and its influence on our culture, our decisions, and the way we treat each other as people. We declare that we will not fear and dread this demonic spirit but only You, the Living, Loving God who is holy and worthy of worship.  We declare that we will not be fearful of mortals or disease or rumors of war because we will not put our trust in government, media, or feelings. Your Word says You do not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind, so we claim that promise over our individual lives, our communities, our state, nation, and this world.  We ask that You would pour a huge wave of your LOVE over this nation and each of her people.  We pray that Love would cast out this spirit of fear and that our hope and trust would be secure in You, our Lord and our God.  In Christ's name we pray, Amen. 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (2 Tim. 1:7 NKJV)

Where God’s love is, there is no fear, because God’s perfect love takes away fear. (1 John 4:18 ERV)

But now, this is what the Lord says . . . “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior” (Isaiah 43:1-3). 

 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment