Wednesday, September 23, 2020

September 23, 2020 Prayer


Jehovah Nissi, the Lord our Banner,

This beautiful world you created seems so full of anger, fear, strife, violence, and death.  On one level, we know that this is because sin entered the world and the author of death is roaming to and fro over the earth, seeking for those to devour.  But you are the Strong God whose power, love, and strength are never-ending.  You warned us that there would be trials in this world, but that you give us peace because you have overcome this world.  So, we ask for more of your Spirit and more of your Peace within us. Lord our Banner, you go before us and are with us; you never leave or forsake us.  You remind us that we don't have to be afraid or discouraged because when we stand firm in you we will see the deliverance you will give us.  God, we who pray can feel weary of the war around us, even as we pray; sometimes it seems there is no end to the death, trauma, trial, and struggle of this life.  Yet we call on you, our Everlasting God, to refresh us when we are weary and satisfy us when faint.  You do not grow tired or weary.  We don't always understand why you allow such trials for your children, but we know that your thoughts and your ways are higher than ours and your plans are for good - to prosper us and give us a future with hope.  So we pray that even when it seems there's no spiritual rain, even when it seems that the "locusts" of this world have devoured our land, even when there are plagues of spiritual, physical, and relational sicknesses in our world - may you hear our prayers and deliver your people.  May your eyes and ears be open and attentive to our prayers so we know your heart of strength and encouragement is always with us.  For the honor and glory of the name of Christ we pray, Amen. 


 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  John 16:33

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deuteronomy 31:8

"You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’” 2 Chronicles 20:17

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." Isaiah 40:28

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.” Jeremiah 31:25

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer. 29:11)

 “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment