Saturday, October 17, 2020

October 17, 2020 Prayer

 
God of Justice,

Today we pray that those who are entrusted to carry out the laws of our nation will do their jobs with integrity, fairly, and lawfully.  May each decision they make be such that the law is rightfully applied and fairly executed.  Where elected or appointed leaders may consider cheating on their duties or unfairly applying the law, give them godly avisors and hearts to turn back to you and to righteousness.  May you thwart any effort of the enemy of our souls that seeks to circumvent the law, especially with regard to the collecting and counting of ballots in this election process. Help us weary and leary citizens remember that you see everything and, even if not in this world, you will bring justice to those who break your law.  May those who cheat, mock, or even hate the law be removed from office so that godly men and women who love justice can be put in places of governance.  And may those you have appointed for such a time as this do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with their God.  For the honor and glory of your name and for the furtherance of your Kingdom we pray, Amen. 

"Can someone who hates justice govern?" (Job 34:17)

“(God's) eyes are on the ways of mortals;
    he sees their every step.
22 There is no deep shadow, no utter darkness,
    where evildoers can hide.
23 God has no need to examine people further,
    that they should come before him for judgment.
24 Without inquiry he shatters the mighty
    and sets up others in their place.
25 Because he takes note of their deeds,
    he overthrows them in the night and they are crushed.
26 He punishes them for their wickedness
    where everyone can see them,
27 because they turned from following him
    and had no regard for any of his ways.  (from Job 34)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment