Sunday, October 18, 2020

October 18, 2020 Prayer

 Ruach Adonai, Spirit of God,

Today as your children gather together for worship, pour out your Spirit upon your Church.  Revive, renew, and prune her for greater Kingdom fruitfulness.  May your salvation spring up and your righteousness flourish within each believer and each local church.   As churches meet together today, may congregants have sincere and glad hearts, praising you, and seeing more and more new believers come to faith in Jesus Christ.  Give us great faith and courage as we remember that you are for us and stand guard over your children who call on your name. Prepare each body of believers to be ready to do what you call it to do, above and beyond your call to go and make disciples, so that we are ready to receive the new people you are calling into relationship with you.  In these last days, pour out your Spirit upon all people - old, young, men, women - knowing that as you do so, it will help to heal our land.  We pray in the powerful name of Christ, Amen.  

"Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the Lord, have created it." (Isa. 45:8)

  28  I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your old men will dream dreams,
    your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
30 I will show wonders in the heavens
    and on the earth,
    blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31 The sun will be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood
    before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
32 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the Lord will be saved. (Joel 2) 

45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.  (Acts 2)

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31 NIV)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment