Thursday, October 29, 2020

October 29, 2020 Prayer

Faithful God,


We know that you keep your promises and all your ways are true.  We pray you will cause those elected to the U.S. House of Representatives to also be promise keepers - men and women who will support, and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.  May they be men and women of honor, integrity, and deep faith that know the promises and callings of the Lord.  May each of them be totally trustworthy, like Daniel, without corruption or negligence in their jobs.  May each of them keep the promises they have made to their constituents and make decisions that are best for the country as a whole. 

In Christ's name I pray,
Amen



“I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”   https://history.house.gov/Institution/Origins-Development/Oath-of-Office/

You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. (Joshua 23:14)

At this, the administrators and the satraps tried to find grounds for charges against Daniel in his conduct of government affairs, but they were unable to do so. They could find no corruption in him, because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent." (Dan. 6:4)
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. (Deut. 7:9 NIV)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment