Wednesday, October 7, 2020

October 7, 2020 Prayer

 God of Wisdom,


We sing of your strength and love, for you are our fortress our refuge in times of trouble.  Tonight the two main vice-presidential candidates will face off in a debate.  I pray that you would help each of them to give concise, clear, and truthful answers to the questions presented.  And as Americans watch and listen, help us have eyes to see and ears to hear your wisdom.  May we prepare to vote in such a way as to honor your Word and your Kingdom. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32

"But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." Psalms 59:16 NIV

"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:5

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment