Wednesday, October 21, 2020

October 21, 2020 Prayer

God of all Truth,

Today we pray that hearts, eyes, and ears would be opened to the Truth of your Word in our nation.  In the ways that the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, in Jesus's name we pray against that blindness.  We pray that spiritual scales would fall from eyes so unbelievers and believers alike would be able to see your Light and Glory and would decide to seek your wisdom for their voting.  We pray that where corruption and fraud have been hidden, especially in media and government, those scales will be pulled away and the truth will be obviously shown, seen, and believed by the electorate.  We pray you pour out your Spirit so we will vote men and women into elected office who are godly and righteous and seek your Kingdom first.  
May they not be hungry for money or power, fame or book deals, influence, or glory, but may they seek you and your Kingom first, even as they seek an office.  In Christ's name we pray, Amen.

"Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
    and the ears of the deaf unstopped." (Isa. 35:5)

"In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." (2 Cor. 4:4)

"The greatest evil is not now done in those sordid “dens of crime” that Dickens loved to paint. It is not done even in concentration camps and labour camps. In those we see its final result. But it is conceived and ordered (moved, seconded, carried, and minuted) in clean, carpeted, warmed, and well-lighted offices, by quiet men with white collars and cut fingernails and smooth-shaven cheeks who do not need to raise their voice." from "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment