Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 31, 2020 Prayer

Pure and Holy God,


Many, many people over the generations have prayed for this nation.  We join them in crying out in humility and seeking your face for this nation's future.  Turn this nation from her wicked ways; hear our prayers.  Cleanse her from her sins and forgive her of rebellion against your righteousness, mercy, and justice. May this nation bring you renown, joy, praise and honor and be in awe of the prosperity and peace you provide for it, through Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.


"I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.’ " (Jer. 33:8-9)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment