Monday, October 26, 2020

October 26, 2020 Prayer

Faithful God,

Today we give thanks for the work of our national Senate and their deliberations on behalf of the nation. We thank you for the godly men and women who are serving there and pray that they will stand firm on your Word as they vote on the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court. May they remember the oath* they took to support and defend our nation's Constitution in true faith and allegiance to that Constitution. May they seek your wisdom as they prepare to vote on her confirmation. And we pray against any spirit of violence that would seek to derail this vote or cause more chaos after the vote. In Jesus's name we bind these violent antichrist spirits and pray, instead, that your Holy Spirit's PEACE would be poured out in this nation. May Good overshadow the evil that is trying to conquer this world; and may your Church and her prayers be an instrument of that Goodness and Peace. In Christ's name we pray, Amen.

"But the king will rejoice in God;
    all who swear by God will glory in him,
    while the mouths of liars will be silenced."  (Ps. 63:11) 

I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” (Matthew 16:19) 

Don't let evil conquer you, but conquer evil with good.(Romans 12:21 GW)

*"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God." https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Oath_Office.htm

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment