Saturday, October 3, 2020

October 3, 2020 Prayer

 

God of Order,

One month from today is election day in the U.S. With everything going on, we citizens expect the next 31 days to be tumultuous, at best, but with potential for a physical civil war.  Passions and tempers are running hot and distrust and anger abound.  Courts are rewriting election law and citizens may be confused as to when their ballots are actually due.  The acrimonious and pathetic presidential debate Tuesday did nothing to soothe the chaos and anger.  It does seem like, metaphorically, you have shut up the heavens so there is no spiritual rain; like you have commanded locusts to devour the good in our land; like you have sent plagues of fear, anger, and other darkness over this nation.  YET we know you do not cause these things; you only allow them when our sin needs corrected.  You call us to prayer. You call us to intercede for this nation and so, in faith and obedience, we humble ourselves and seek your face.  We pray in the powerful name of Jesus that you would turn the tide of this chaos.  We pray you would shut off the demonic spirits of fear, anger, bitterness, hatred, and violence and, instead, pour out a new outpouring of your Love and your Peace.  Purify this nation from all unrighteousness.  May your Light shine in the places of deep darkness and corruption in media, government, education, arts & entertainment, business, the family, and especially your Church.  Turn her from the way of darkness and chaos she is currently headed, and retrain her focus to be on Godliness, Mercy, and Justice.  Pour out your Harmony, Beauty, and Peace upon us we pray in Jesus's name.  Amen. 

"For God is the God of harmony, not confusion, as is the pattern in all the churches of God’s holy believers." (1 Cor. 14:33 TPT)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment