Friday, October 23, 2020

October 23, 2020 Prayer

Protecting God,

Your Word says that you are our refuge and our safety when we rest in your shelter.  Today we pray for protection for each and every candidate for political office, especially the two main Presidential candidates.  We pray physical and spiritual protection around their physical persons, their families, and their close associates.  We pray the Secret Service and others who are entrusted with their protection would know your wisdom.  We pray against any evil spirit that would try to assassinate, whether a body or a person's character.  In the name of Jesus we pray this evil would NOT come to pass.  We expect that if there was one act of bloodshed it would quickly be followed by many more, so we declare NO MORE to any evil plotting bloodshed.  We pray that every candidate, family, and protector will seek you for wisdom and protection and you would thwart any plan for assassination or bloodshed. 

In the powerful name of Christ we pray,
Amen

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
    will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the Lord:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
    he is my God, and I trust him.
For he will rescue you from every trap
    and protect you from deadly disease.
He will cover you with his feathers.
    He will shelter you with his wings.
    His faithful promises are your armor and protection." (Ps. 91:1-4 NLT)

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
    let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you."(Psalm 5:11)

"They employ violence, so that one [act of] bloodshed follows closely on another." (Hosea 4:2)

"Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.  They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice." (Rom. 1:28-29)

"Those who hate me without reason
    outnumber the hairs of my head;
many are my enemies without cause,
    those who seek to destroy me." (Psalm 69:4 NIV)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment