Friday, October 2, 2020

October 2, 2020 Prayer

 

Holy God,

We pray today that by your Spirit you would move across this nation and this world.  Change hard hearts to hearts that are focused on you.  Where we have turned away from you, call us back.  Give us the desire to humble ourselves before you, confess and repent from our sins, and then love mercy, do justly, and walk humbly with you.   Pour out a Third Great Awakening to flow into this nation and this world so we can better live as Jesus calls us.

Amen

"I’ll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I’ll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that’s God-willed, not self-willed."   (Ezek. 36:26 MSG)

"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8)

“And afterward,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your old men will dream dreams,
    your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
    I will pour out my Spirit in those days." (Joel 2:28-29)

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment