Sunday, October 4, 2020

October 4, 2020 Prayer

 

God of Peace,

We thank you that your name is a fortified tower and that your righteous children can run to you and be saved.  We thank you for the call on our lives to pray for those in authority and so today we pray for President and Mrs. Trump.  Specifically, we pray for healing in their bodies from Covid-19.  We pray for godly and wise medical staff who attend them and that they would make good decisions for the care of Mr. and Mrs. Trump.  But we also pray that you would use this hospitalization as a time of reflection for Mr. Trump.  Give him a soft heart toward you and your Word.  Bring him to a place of humility before you so that he can examine his heart toward you and examine the words he uses in public address.   Help  him to realize that the words he use have the power of life and death and to choose life!  Help him to speak words over this nation that help to cool the passions and fire and help to unite her.  Help him to use his speech, attitude, and tone of voice in such a way that they build up this nation, and bring peace.  Show him that he doesn't wrestle with the flesh and blood of hostile media, jealous politicians, or people in opposition to you, but, ultimately, he wrestles with the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Cause your church to pray protection over him - body, mind, emotions, spirit, and words.  And may your Peace that passes understanding guard our hearts, mind, and nation in Christ Jesus.  We pray in his name, Amen. 

"Before a downfall the heart is haughty but humility comes before honor.  Proverbs 18:12
The tongue has the power of life and death,  and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."  Ephesians 6:12 NIV

“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there." (2 Chronicles 7:13-16 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment